Wednesday 6 May 2015

Blog 6

What's going on here??? Day 6???
I was going to write on the occasional day but so far, since thinking I should just go live I've written everyday. It can't last..actually while I'm in hospital it will have to stop.
Today is meant to be a day off where I was hoping that Lucinda may get a rest but she never stops. Cooking, cleaning, looking after me. She had to go collect a parcel from the sorting office and then pick up my medication. would you believe it...the steroids and the Tramadol are missing. To be honest, I'm OK for Tramadol but really need the steroids. Lucinda rang Dr Mason (who has been fantastic) and he has sorted it out. But really, it was down to Lucinda again.

I wrote on Facebook about yesterday's adventures and results. A stripped-down version as there was so much that went on. I did it for the same reasons I write this blog...
1. My sanity.
2. Lucinda's sanity.
3. Maybe there is someone reading this who finds it a little helpful.

Yesterday was the Grand Red Cross Wheelchair Unveiling/Launching. What jolly fun...ha ha! I felt awful, Lucinda struggling to push me while I just sat there. But she was marvellous. She handled that thing like a real pro. I sat there like a real idiot. But we laughed. How I wasn't tipped out of that contraption at the top of High Street I'll never know but -  she kept control (High Street on Portland is steep). If she ever loses it there I'll be flying down the hill until I hit the sea. On the other hand, I may end up in The Cove Inn and someone could take pity on me and buy me a pint...
'Get two in, Lucinda will be here very soon.'

Lucinda posted these today on my Facebook page thing...

Thank you my Darling. There are two kinds of gratitude:
The sudden kind we feel for what we take; the larger kind we feel for what we give. From the day you walked into my life, you're all I think about. You’re the reason I breathe. You are the stars in my sky. I am what I am because of you, I am so very proud of you, you are an inspirational, courageous, kind, wonderful and loving man . . . . My husband.
 “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”— Lao Tzu

What Cancer Cannot Do
Cancer is so limited...
It cannot cripple love.
It cannot shatter hope.
It cannot corrode faith.
It cannot eat away peace.
It cannot destroy confidence.
It cannot kill friendship.
It cannot shut out memories.
It cannot silence courage.
It cannot reduce eternal life.
It cannot quench the Spirit.
~~Author unknown

Isn't that superb?

Ooooh....and we had some of Lucinda's Ginger Ice Cream...Wow!!!

4 comments:

  1. I think writing these blogs is very useful and incredibly helpful to everyone that reads them, and not only for cancer sufferers either, I believe that your positivity and sheer driving optimism will help many people as they follow your journey. It takes a very special person not to lose their authenticity my good friend, and you are a shining example of this thought. Have a great Tuesday next Stew and Lucinda and hey stop making my moth water so much with the mention of Ginger Ice Cream :) Mmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never realised that I had a watering Moth before ;) lmao

    Gray Dawster, Andro Vampy and Me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I continue to hold you two in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete