Monday 4 May 2015

Blog 4


Woke up this morning (which is always a good thing) looking forward to starting a little drawing in my Faces sketchbook – using those lovely Derwent pencils Lucinda bought for me. Although I'm really tired, the reason in truth was I chickened-out. I ended up playing around with Google Chrome (I usually use Firefox being an animal lover) and other sites like Evernote, Dropbox etc oh and Blogger. What a procrastinator! 


I did manage to download a book from Dorset Library Services. A book I've wanted to read for a while. A Brief History Of The Hundred Years War by Desmond Seward. Not only that, I got it onto my Kobo. Crazy really, as I'm still reading The Plantagenets: The Warrior Kings and Queens Who Made England by Dan Jones. Oh and Murder On The Orient Express by Agatha Christie – Do you know, it's a fact that I am the only person on the planet who hasn't seen the film? Possibly. 

I finished a book last night called Blink by Malcolm Gladwell, which I borrowed from the library. A book about how we think without thinking, about choices that seem to be made in an instant - in the blink of an eye - that actually aren't as simple as they seem. 

I had a bath this afternoon...yes I know – big news but it is hard work when the world is noticeably moving. Having a shave and washing my hair was difficult but not impossible. 

Lucinda made a delicious sausage casserole for tea – it's always delicious but today it had an extra bit of delectableness in it. Afterwards...Lucinda's extraordinary ginger ice cream. Wow, that is the most wonderful ice cream ever – I do believe that a bowl of this could cure anything. Well I'm watching Ross Noble on the old TV box and Lucinda is making me a sketchbook/pencil/brush and small art gadgets bag (she is also watching TV as she can multi-task). Then we watched Safe House then off to bed.

1 comment:

  1. I knew it, you can't resist offering those yummiliscious treats from your magnificent wife, and that sausage casserole sounds wonderful, and I have never tasted ginger ice cream before but I certainly shall now that you have managed to whet my appetite once more. Reading these notes of yours is making my stomach growl by the minute, but enough of my wittering. Keep adding to your blog and, and, are you sure that you've never seen Murder on the Orient Express? Yes well you definitely must be the only person on the planet not to have watched that, it must have been on the telly a thousand times already, but hey grab a copy soon and give it the once over, you won't regret it.

    Gray Dawster, Andro Vampy and Me :)

    ReplyDelete